Tuesday, August 29, 2006

knitting in public

Right! Tonight was my knitting group stitch and bitch in good ole JC. That's Jersey City to you. Anyway, as you can see, the place was PACKED!
my knitting group
Yeah, we really pack them in. I'm seriously the only one who goes. Our meetings are every two weeks, and I go and sit there because the cafe is close enough to my apartment that i can just walk over in 5 minutes. And sometimes one person will come, or two. Oddly never the same ones. A big group would be like, five or so. We have THIRTY SEVEN people on the Yahoo email list, but no one comes. And it's NOT because it's summer. It's this empty in the winter too. I saw this other group knitting in a different cafe last Sunday night, and I almost ended up pressing my face to the glass to try to get a better look at what they were working on. So yeah. I guess I miss the kind of community I see other people having online.
woe is me
Instead, I sat there and listened to a podcast and knit by myself.
Cargo pants from Knitty
This is what I was working on--my Cargo pants. I'm having a lot of problems, as I mentioned before. The circular needle just DID NOT work, so I put it back on the DPNs. Now it's starting to come together, but I'm really just about over them. I stress about them all the time, and I just want to be done. I will write a more Cargo-specific entry when they are an FO. Tonight, they made for some easy SnB knitting.

In other news, I sewed the Sushi onto the wallet:
felted sushi wallet
Kinda looks like a nipple, right?
nice nipple
Oh YEAH, BABY!!!
Ha ha. God, I'm so pathetic. Here's a shot of the lining I picked up at Purl Patchwork.
lining for the sushi wallet
Surprisingly, the girls were very nice there, and I actually ran into one of our delinquent JC knitters there who was *gasp* taking a quilting class tonight! She said she'd be back to the SnB at our next meeting, but I won't believe it until I see it. They all lie... That's the moral of the story tonight, kids.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Salwa said...

Hey, that's my nipple! Kim just met me for lunch and gave me the sushi change purse which is gorgeous! I already put my change in it and can't wait to use it. THANK YOU!

xoxo,
Salwa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home