Monday, July 10, 2006

Well, hello world! Im so excited to finally be the proud owner of this brand spanking new blog. I feel so behind the times. Anyway, my name is Kim. I'm a book editor in New York, but I'm from Florida originally. I live with my partner, our two cats, Sugar, and Totie, and our Yorkie, Stella, in Jersey City, NJ, right across from New York City.

I've been knitting for about two years. I can definitely see the progress I've made in that time. At the moment, I'm sort of between projects. All I have on the needles is this neverending felted tote bag that I'm knitting. It's the one on the cover of the last holiday Family Circle Easy Knitting. You know, that pink and orange one? Except mine is blue and brown, and I'm changing it up a teeny bit. I've never felted anything before, but I'm excited to try. But it's so huge that I feel like I'm never going to be done. I've already finished one side and the pocket, and am almost finished with the other side, but I still have to do the handles and the crochet around the top, and the button loop. And then I can felt it!

I'm sorry about the lack of pictures in this post. I just wanted to get an intro going, so that I could get started. I'm going to be working on the blog a bit every night after work, but it's still definitely a WIP itself. Frankly, if it wasn't for Amy and her patience and computer skills, it wouldn't have happened at all, but she challenges me to learn new computer things all the time, and I'm so grateful for that help and support.

I've had a livejournal knitting journal here for a long time, but I didn't update it very often. I didn't feel very invested in it, I guess. But this is so pretty and lovely. I'm still going to keep see_kim_knit, so that I can join the LJ knitting community, but I don't think I'll continue to update it with my knitting progress.

Anyway, I'm really excited to join that world-wide knitting community out there. All the blogs I added to my blogroll are ones that i've been reading for a long time now. There is an amazing bunch of talent out there, and I find every one of those people inspiring for different reasons, so if you see one you don't already read, check it out!

I look forward to meeting you all.

1 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home