Wednesday, July 12, 2006


I read somewhere on line that it was better to use cotton dish cloths for cleaning and doing dishes because you can throw them in the wash and that will help the environment by not contributing nasty sponges to the landfills. I like that! Considering that you can get the dish cloth cotton for about $1 a skein, I decided to try making some. Especially since I found the dishcloth websites...here and and here (scroll down) and here just to name a few.

So I decided to try a few. I mean, I could do a new pattern every single time and never run out of patterns!

First one:
Octagonal Swirl Cloth, made with size 5 US dpns in sugar & cream caribbean something or other. Aren't those colors GRAND up there?

Second is much smaller:
petal cloth
It's the petal cloth from Knitting on the Net, in Sugar & Cream "Shades of Green" made with US 6 straights.

I know they aren't socks or sweaters or anything, but they're kind of obsessing me. I bought a bunch of sock yarn on my last vacation, but I haven't started any new ones yet. I just keep knitting these small dish cloths over and over. Well, three times now. I don't have a picture of the first one. It was more of a swatch anyway. Ah well.

Anyway, just to round out this little post of mine, here's a gratuitous shot of my doggie, Stella, sitting with the washies. She refuses to look directly at the camera!

aww.

She's also freshly shaved from the groomers for the summer, so she looks a little weird. But we love her! mwah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home