Saturday, March 14, 2009

FO #12

Wow, so it's been a while. I'm finally finished with that damn baby sweater, and it took one less skein of yarn than I thought it would, leaving me extra yarn that I have no idea what to do with. I guess I'll put it with the Cotton-Ease that I'll be using to crochet little creatures with soon.

But before I turn to that (will be in another post), I used the rest of the Malabrigo look-alike yarn that I used on my cowl to knit a pair of wrist warmers.

little green wristlets

They are cute, but even though I knit a few extra rows on each before the thumb, they don't keep my hands very warm. They're just good for keeping the wind from going up your coat. I guess now that it is 'spring', they may work better.

I just wanted to use up that special yarn I got in New Orleans, and I wanted at least one matching set of something. I remember reading on the Yarn Harlot's blog that her daughter pointed out that you could always tell a knitter because their accessories didn't match and that's always stuck with me. So now, I have a nice matching cowl and wristlets. And that little ball up there in the picture is all the yarn I have left. One thing I really hate is when you have a lot of yarn left over from a project. Because by the time I'm done with a particular project, I don't want to see or use that same yarn for a really long time. There are other problems with yarn sticking around, but that's my main one. I feel like it is optimal to use up all the yarn for every project, or you're left with myriad single and partial skeins that don't add up to much.

little green wristlets

I didn't have enough yarn left to do more rows on the hand part anyway, but normally I like my fingerless mitts to come up at least to my second knuckle. Oh well. They are really cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home