Friday, February 06, 2009

FO #11

cowl 3

Pretty! This was a really fast project. I made it as part of a knit-along for the dyke knitting group from Bluestockings in NYC. They meet once a month, so I can't go very often, but I do look forward to it.

Pattern: birthday cowl

cowl 2

I wasn't going to participate, but when I went through the stash and found this Malabrigo look-alike yarn, I decided to do it. Isn't this a pretty pattern? It strikes the right balance between lacy and solid. It is long enough to go all the way up my neck, and it's soooo soft. It is definitely rolling out though, so I'm going to reserve final judgment until I block it. But right now, it's LOVE.

Yarn: I got this skein at The Quarter Stitch in New Orleans when I was there for a conference last fall. It was in this bin of skeins that were all unlabeled, each a different color. I wanted to ask about them, but the ladies who worked there were all caught up in this conversation they were having with one of their regulars, and it was just too awkward to butt in, so I just decided that it was Malabrigo (perhaps locally dyed) and bought one skein.

Needles: Size US 8 Boye interchangeable 16" circ

The pattern took about 2/3 of the skein, but I think I'm going to try to knit some fingerless mitts to match the cowl. Just little ones. I love it!

cowl 4

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger PlumStitches said...

gorgeous - love the color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home