Wednesday, February 04, 2009

FO #10

scarf 3

What a great scarf. I am actually getting into the color. The two balls of ZarOne made a very short scarf, but when I blocked it, it actually relaxed a lot.

Pattern: Single Cable Scarf from One Skein by Leigh Radford. I'm surprised that I haven't consulted this book more often than I have. I've had it for a long time. I love a lot of these patterns! I'm going to have to remember it is there. Seriously.

Yarn: Filatura Di Crosa ZarOne, in a garish orange color. This color is discontinued, and honestly, are you surprised? Who did they think was going to buy this? I got mine in the gift bag from Stitch & Pitch 2007, and only thanks to my friend Constance was I able to get two balls together, as she traded me hers for some other yarn from my bag, which I bet is still in her stash somewhere.

I do like this yarn though. it is firm and soft, almost like a chenille, only with no worming. Working with it was fun, but I wonder if that was because it was only 120 yards and I knew it would be over soon.

Needles: Size 10.5 straight bamboo needles and a cable needle. What can I say? I'm lazy.

scarf 2

The scarf is just long enough to wear wrapped once around my neck, or wrapped twice and then pinned with a scarf pin, which I have pictures of but am not showing, because Spanky took them with the scarf turned backward, so they look funny. Plus, I don't have an appropriate pin to hand yet. I'd love to have one of those stick pins to weave through there so I can wear the scarf as a sort of collar, but I don't have one yet. I guess I'll have to use a dpn!

new scarf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home