Sunday, November 12, 2006

baby shower fever

Baby shower #1:

the hat and sweater before wrapping

The Louisa Harding wrap sweater and striped hat. Finished and pre-wrapping. The thing about the striped hat--all the frickin' ends. It's done flat and then you're supposed to seam it up. I am sure there is a better way to do it! If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. See?

oh my god the ends.

Baby shower #1 was in upstate NY. I wish I'd taken some pictures of the train ride up. It was so beautiful. The train goes right along the Hudson, but there were some rowdy rocker kids behind me and i wasn't sitting by the window. On the way up, I finished something I never thought I'd knit:

Gayle's scarf

This was a garter stitch scarf made out of the free ball of Bernat Boa yarn we got at the Knit Out. I recently reorganized my stash and couldn't find a place for it, so I knit it up (about 12 stitches across), and I'm going to send it to Spanky's neice Gayle. She's 7. One ball made a scarf just big enough to wrap around the neck once and tie. The colors are really cool--sort of a burnt orange and yellow--very autumnal, but this stuff feels so slick as to be almost slimy. I can see why people don't like it.

baby shower number 1

My gift was promptly upstaged by the grandma's two cross-stitched peter rabbit baby blankets, bibs, and crocheted baby blanket. Can't win them all, I guess... :)

Baby Shower #2:

This was at work.

baby shower number 2

I think she likes it!

And a codicil to the cargo pants/Last Min Knitted Gifts hat baby:

Harper with Daddy

Isn't that the cutest baby ever???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home