Tuesday, October 31, 2006

OMG DONE!!!

I finished the baby sweater for my friend Amy's baby shower, which is Saturday coming. FINALLY. It feels like I've been working on this forever. It's beautiful. I really need to start making something for myself so that I stop coveting the stuff I make for babies.

Harvey Kimono

The yarn: Berocco Touche. At $4 a skein at my LYS, the sweater was about $20! I have one cream skein left. Size 5 needles for the green, and 6 for the body. Buttons from Grandma's button box. There are two on the inside as well.

buttons on Harvey Kimono

I learned how to do a picot cast-on and bind-off for this. I must say, this is never going to be my favorite thing to do, but it sure is pretty!

edging of Harvey Kimono

Do you think it is ok for a boy? Amy quaintly but annoyingly refused to find out the sex of the baby, leaving lots up to chance. I think I'm going to try to churn out a striped hat to match the sweater to cut down on the girly.

I love how shiny and soft this sweater is. I'm kind of nervous about giving it to her at the baby shower though. I don't know if she will actually appreciate how hard it was for me to do. The seams alone stressed me out for a whole week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home