Monday, September 25, 2006

and i'm updating too!

1. Stella is sick. $265 later and she's apparently allergic to the GRASS. And that's mighty inconvenient seeing as she's a) a DOG, and b) not much higher than the grass itself. She's on an antibiotic and an antihistimine that makes her sleepy.
sleepy Stella
I just gave her a bath tonight with the special allergy shampoo I got at the vet's. The rash on her belly seems to be healing now. She's only been on the medication for about five days and has two weeks to go, so we'll see. Hopefully it will clear completely up, but that's a total bummer because she loves the grass.

2. I finished my oldest UFO ever. I had a wubby growing up (and yes this is totally TMI), and that somehow morphed into this pillow when my mother made me give up the blankie at around 13 or so. Actually, in a fit of insanity i probably ASKED to give it up, to prove i was mature or some shit. Oh, how I wish I could TAKE IT BACK NOW. Anyway, my mom made us each this weird grey pillow case from some sort of fun fur type fabric, with our names stitched on the front, and over the years, my name came off and the animals stitched to the front came off, but boy, was that grey fur soft! By the time I moved to NY, and definitely by the time Spanky and I moved into our 3rd JC apt., the fur was in shreds, so one of my first knitting tasks was to recreate the softness, and since the pillow was sort of falling apart, replace that too. Well, mission accomplished. Sort of.
front of pillowbackside of first FO

Of course when I first knit this last year, I didn't know from button holes, so I just tied some extra yarn on there to hold the buttons closed. They are also hap-hazardly sewn on with some thread, so I assume that shortly they will start to fall off. But no matter. The last two days of sleep have been HEAVENLY. The chenille isn't as soft as that old pillow case, but it does in a pinch. Not to mention that now that I'm an ADULT, I'm not quite as reliant on my wubby as I was before. Plus, I have Spanky, and she is much better than the wubby because she holds me back.*

3. Also, I wanted to pay homage to my MOM's first FO in like, YEARS:
mom's present

It is FAB. And even though my fridge handle is way too low to make hanging the towel here a practical solution for the every day, it still looks fantastic. And I'll just have to eventually find somewhere else to put it. She hid her messy bind off by the sewn top, but isn't it cute? And the button was one I was admiring while I was down there, so KUDOS, MOM. I love her.

4. Finally just some gratuitous shots. I have actual Anouk content, but I want to save that for maybe tomorrow or wed, cause it deserves its own post.

Here's my sister and my neice from my recent trip to FL (and I don't want to hear ONE WORD about my shitty camera skills):
mommy and daughter

And here's the view from our back balcony looking out at JC:
my back view

I think that one is kind of neat, because it's like you're drunk when you're looking at it. Anyway, that's it for the bits and bobs. I have one more post to do on the film I just finished, and then I'm calling it a night. I think Spanky's on her way home soon too. Hopefully.

*although according to the third definition of 'wubby' in that urban dictionary, she might actually be my wubby! Sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home