Tuesday, October 17, 2006

so...

There has been knitting! I had to go on a business trip the last part of last week, so there wasn't any blogging. I hate those trips, because they take a lot of concentration in planning and executing. I was in St. Louis, but didn't get to any of the fine, fine yarn stores I know are there. There were a few things I had to blog about, though, including:

1. When work and knitting inform one another: I work in publishing. Last week, in a meeting with our production manager, he was explaining (to an assistant) how they figure out how long a book is going to be--by figuring out how many characters will fit on a page--the number of characters on a line, multiplied by the number of lines on a page. Sound familiar? I think the process of getting gauge has helped me understand the 'cast off' of a book in a completely different way. Ding Ding!

2. There was some distraction knitting, as I suddenly had a hankering to dress up:

Hallowig

Took me about a week, using some vintage blue acrylic that I had laying around from a very unfortunate ebay experience when I was first knitting. I think I'm going to wear it to work.

3. Anyway, I'm on to the next baby sweater--one of those Louisa Harding wrap sweaters. I've done the back and most of one front side, but no pics yet.

4. Also brought sock yarn for the plane. I'm trying to follow the Yarn Harlot's sock formula in Knitting Rules, but the heel looks funny to me so far. We'll see. I have to take pictures later. I just wanted to post something short right now, so I don't feel like such a slacker.

Back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home