Thursday, November 02, 2006

knitting dream

I'm at work, and really shouldn't be wasting time with Blogger, but I had the BEST knitting dream this morning! I was at a work conference at a hotel alone, and I was leaving one of the sessions or something, when I saw someone who looked like Stephanie Pearl-McPhee settling a group of people into a cluster of chairs in the lobby (but it wasn't actually the lobby, more like an upper-level breezeway, where all the meeting rooms empty out to). They were all wearing purple and white, and I watched for a while. It seemed like a charity for the disabled, and I think she was volunteering with them (her presence didn't seem to have anything to do with knitting). Anyway, I went over and introduced myself and asked if it was her, and she said it was, and I asked what she was doing there, since I didn't realize she was going to be there from her blog, and she told me that yes, indeed, she was there on other business, but that it was nice to talk with me, since the people she was with weren't knitters. She asked if I wanted to go get a cup of coffee, and we left, and as we were walking, I had the chance to ask her all of those pesky knitting questions I still can't find the answers to (there's one in particular about gauge). It was awesome. There was even a slow fade-out as Spanky came into the room (she leaves for work very early) and I woke up. Unfortunately though, I woke up before I actually heard her answers to any of the questions.

What a good way to start the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home