Monday, September 13, 2010

FO #11: FINALLY

I'm back! I have so many vacation posts to do. Europe is awesome. But before that, I feel like I'm losing track of my knitting progress.

I never talked about this beautiful wrap, and I love it! I've worn it several times already, and I can see using it as a scarf as well, once it gets colder.

clementine shawlette

FO: Clementine Shawlette

This is one of the few times I've actually used the yarn called for in a pattern. I remember exactly how this came about. I was in Minneapolis and saw the Alpaca and Silk in a yarn store, and for some reason, I remembered that this wrap called for three skeins of this yarn, and I'd wanted to make the wrap when it came out in IK, so I bought the three skeins. I just love the chocolate brown. It's so warm and rich. I don't know how I remembered the number of skeins for the project, but once I had it, I really wanted to use the yarn for the wrap. I really love the shape of it.

clementine shawlette

Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca's Alpaca & Silk, color I35, 3 skeins.

I love, love, love this yarn. I want to knit everything in this now. I can't afford to, but I want to. I think sweaters would be lovely (but warm). It is so soft! So soft.

clementine shawlette

Needles: Size 4US straight aluminum needles I didn't know I had. Crazy how that happens, you know?

clementine shawlette

Notes: I emphatically did NOT do the grafting. I did a three-needle bind off on the wrong side, and I think it looks great. The trick is doing it on the garter row. Otherwise, I knit the pattern the way it was written. I still have a tiny ball of the yarn left, because three balls is hard to figure out, but what I ended up doing was each half was a ball and a half of yarn. When I got to the desired length of the first half, I just left the stitches live and didn't cut the yarn. Then I started the second half, until it was the same length as the first half, working from the outer edge of that third ball, and then I went back and forth from the first to the second half, doing one repeat on each, until I got close to the end of the third ball. Then I finally cut the yarn and did the 3 needle bind off. It worked like a charm.

Gosh, this is one of the most gorgeous things I've made, and it doesn't have ANY mistakes! I'm so proud of it. Ahh. And I must get more of that yarn sometime. It's divine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home