Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saturday!

It's been great having Edward, Spanky's brother, and his daughter Gayle visiting. We've been hanging out a lot. I took Wednesday off to spend it with Edward and Gayle, then went back to work on Thursday to present three books, and then took Friday off to spend with Spanky and Gayle. Gayle's going back home to Florida with Spanky on Monday.

edward and gayle

Wednesday, we went to Ground Zero, and then took the E train up to Washington Square Park to meet Spanky for some lunch. After lunch, Spanky was taking them out to see the farm in Brooklyn, so I went home to practice my drums. I had to go back for my lesson at 6pm, so then after that, we went to Patsy's for pizza. After a cranker-pants dinner (that place was NOT AIR CONDITIONED), we went uptown to Tom's Restaurant for coffee and dessert (the cherry pie is awesome!!!). God, what a long day.

Thursday was just a normal work day. Got three books approved with a minimum of fuss--something to be said for going last, I guess--worked late, and then came home and made dinner for Spanky and Gayle.

empire state bldg visit

Friday, we went to the Empire State building, did some back to school shopping at Old Navy, had lunch, got some manga, did some more shopping on St. Mark's Street where Gayle found me a tooled leather belt with MY NAME on it at a(n overpriced) thrift store. OMG. Of course I bought it. I am wearing it right now. I love it.

chrysler bldg

Today, Spanky blessedly gave me the day off, while she and Gayle went to the American Museum of Natural History. Went there last summer with Isabella and my sister, and I am emphatically NOT A FAN.

central park again

Tomorrow, we're going to a neighborhood festival, and then Spanky and Gayle are going to see Mary Poppins. I'm not going, because I'm going to have to take Isabella and Morgan (her step-sister) in a few weeks when it's their turn to visit and lord knows I can't afford to see it twice (and am not sure I could do so in good humor anyway!).

eh.

I did get some time today to work on my Clementine. It's coming along very well, and I'm digging it. I'm up to the repeat now, and it's so quick to whip through those four rows over and over. I had to bag the baby sweater until our guests are gone, because I need to concentrate more. At least there's progress on something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home