Monday, July 05, 2010

my new love

One of the reasons that I haven't had as much knitting time lately is that I have a new hobby:
drums

I'm learning how to play the drum set!!! OMG. I love it so much. I've been taking lessons weekly since January. My teacher, David, is awesome. I feel so happy when I practice, and that's unusual for me, because I've never been able to learn an instrument before. I think it was reading music and understanding the tones and pitch and all the other things that you have to do to read music. But with drums, it is much easier. You just have to count, but you don't have different tones. It is either a beat or not. It is just so much fun. I bought a set of Roland electric drums to practice on at home, and it's really helping.

I'm sure I'll have more to say about the drums later, but it does take me about an hour every day to practice my 'homework' from the lesson, so my knitting has been relegated to before bed or during lunch at home.

i like this one too

In other news, I ripped out the sweater back I'd started over the weekend, and started a cabled raglan baby sweater instead. The good thing about having that sweater back was that it acted as a giant swatch, so wisely, I took the gauge before ripping it out, and used that to find another pattern on Ravelry, using their advanced search function. I'd always meant to make this pattern sooner or later, so I just figured, well, why not now? I think in the blue color, it won't be too girly. I think I might have a puppy dog button or something, so that might help too. It's coming out ok, although I'm concerned that I might lose track of where I am. There's a lot of counting involved. We'll see!

love this one!

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger PlumStitches said...

Fun new hobby! I saw you guys at cowgirl, but couldn't find you to say hello. Hope you are well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home