Sunday, July 05, 2009

FO #22 Ruffled-Bottom Onesie

I wonder if the production of FO's will continue at this pace for the rest of the year. It's amazing how many FOs I've come out with so far, and we're only at July! And I have one more past this one that is finished for tomorrow's post. Anyway, onward!

finished onesie

FO: Ruffled-Bottom Onesie by Mari Lynn Patrick, from Crochet Today, March/April 2009

Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby in colors 202 and 02001 (baby blue and pastel pink) The yarn suggested for the pattern is TLC Baby Solid, which is very similar to Softee Baby. I couldn't find the TLC, and it was a sad little Joann's I was in when I picked the Bernat (they didn't have much of a choice), otherwise I wouldn't have settled for blue and pink. But I did decide to go with the blue as the main color even though the baby is a girl. It's still pretty girly, don't you think?

Hook: I had to go with an E hook to get gauge, which is a size smaller than the pattern called for.

Notes: I loved this pattern as soon as I got that issue of Crochet Today. Actually, that is a really good issue altogether. There are many patterns in there that I'd like to attempt. This one was really straightforward and easy. Once I tried the stitches in the swatch, I was ready to try the whole thing. I have to admit though, the first time through, once I joined the legs, the whole thing kept getting bigger and bigger! I think the problem was when I got around the back, I kept accidentally adding stitches. The only way I could deal with that problem was to count all the stitches every single round. And even then I couldn't be sure for a long time if it was coming out right, until I started doing the decreases for the bibs in the back and front. The decreases came out rather well though, I think, don't you?

onesie strap snaps

The buttons on the straps are just for show, and the hidden snaps underneath are how they really close. I found clear plastic snaps for the straps, but I couldn't find any clear small snaps for the crotch. Instead, my mom helped me reinforce the crotch with material, and then I sewed some smaller snaps on there.

crotch snaps

I'm afraid the snaps aren't too pretty. I just wanted to make sure they were on there tightly.

The last thing to talk about are the butt ruffles. Aren't they cute?!?!

ruffle butt

You can also see my crooked seam, but nevermind! Finished off with the addition of some butterfly patches that match the buttons, I think this might be one of the most elaborate, cutest things I've ever made! I love it!!! I hope the baby wears it well.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger PlumStitches said...

so sweet - that's one lucky baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home