Wednesday, June 17, 2009

FO #20 Scott's cowl

I'm one half a ruffle away from finishing the onesie, and I still have to document my mom's socks, but in the midst of all of this, I balled up a skein of yarn and knit a bulky cowl for my friend Scott.

scott's cowl

I don't know if he's ever going to wear it. After I started it, I remembered that he does get hot easily, but Spanky pointed out that he does have a motorcycle, so hopefully he can still use it when he's on the bike. But I think he's going to look really good in this, and I wanted to make him something warm and cozy, so...

cowl #1

Pattern: Cowl'd and Frosty Morningby Kelly Herdrich. This is a lovely pattern--very simple and effective, especially for such a beautiful yarn. Since it is for a guy, I didn't want a pattern that was too fussy, and I needed something that would work with the bulky gauge. I didn't really have enough yarn to have 10 rows of stockinette between the seed stitch bands, so I went with 5 rows of stockinette between the bands.

cowl #2

Needle: US 10 Boye circular

Yarn: Misti Alpaca Tonos Chunky--this is a hand painted tonal yarn. It's beautiful and soft. I got this skein and one in another color (for me!) when The Point was closing. The colors were just too beautiful to pass up.

cowl #3

Notes: This took me about two days to finish. I had to start it a few times, because of the difference in my gauge from the pattern, but I didn't mind, because the yarn is so nice to work with. It does shed though. After blocking, it's very soft and warm. Just in time for summer!

cowl #4

Oh yeah, I got my hair cut too. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home