Saturday, May 02, 2009

FO #17 Stella's rippled blankie

OK, so these aren't in exactly the right order, because I finished the shrug before the blankie, but I haven't got any good pictures of the shrug yet, so you get the blankie first. And what a blankie it is!

Stella's blankie #3

Of course my camera focused on Stella, not the blanket, but you get an idea of how big it is, right? You can see where the sides bulge a bit, which is where I accidentally kept increasing, because I'm not such a good crocheter, but I sort of got myself back on track, and fudged it enough so that it came out relatively square anyway.

Stella's blankie #4

I am extremely pleased with how this came out. I got rid of a lot of acrylic yarn, and the stripe pattern came out pretty regular, even though there are a few irregularities where I ran out of one color or another.

Pattern: I used this pattern, because it was the easiest to understand with my beginner crochet skills. I wish she had a bigger picture of how it looks though, just for reference.

Yarn: Acrylics of various weights (mostly worsted) and sources, although most of them came from the Unfortunate Ebay Experience. There is a bit of stuff from Target too though. I used up all the hot pink and pink variegated boucle that I had left from a while ago when I made a scarf and hat for Spanky's niece. And one of the balls of lavender was just so much bigger than the rest of them, that I decided to use that for the border, which I just made up. It's just double crochet all around, and I fudged the corners by doing several stitches in the same place the way you do the ripple points.

Hook: I can't remember now, but I think it was a G maybe? Is that the same as a 6?

Stella's blankie #1

Notes: This was pretty fun to do, although I messed up a lot, and about half way through I got really tired of it and put it away for about 6 months, until one day I just got tired of looking at the bag with the project in it and decided to finish it up. It didn't help that Stella went back into the hospital a second time (hemorrhagic gastroenteritis) still with no blankie.

Stella's blankie #2

Now she's feeling much better, and has a scrumptious blankie for lazing about on the couch. All in all it was a good way to use up the yarn and get a fantastic result that I didn't have to wear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home