Wednesday, July 01, 2009

FO #21 Jaywalkers!!!

YAY. I can finally talk about these. Last week was my vacation, and I spent a lot of time with my niece in New York. We went:
path 1
on the train!

coffee break 2
to the office for a coffee/cocoa break!

ferris wheel 2
to Toys R Us to ride the interior ferris wheel! (by the way, just so you know, that ferris wheel is only $4 per person and we stayed on for like 15 minutes. It was a really long ride and totally worth the money. I didn't feel ripped off at all, and I would definitely recommend it to people visiting. It's pretty cool.)

felicity and sally have tea
to the American Girl Place for tea with Felicity and Sally, two very lucky American Girl dolls.

trojan horse 1
to the Manhattan Children's Museum (she's in the trojan horse--they had a great exhibit on Greek gods and monsters)

and finally,
bella 2
to see the Little Mermaid, which was so awesome that she actually didn't want to leave when it was done.

But after three days of traipsing around Manhattan with an 8 year old girl who wasn't used to walking, we finally went home to see my mother for her birthday.

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!

mom's jaywalkers

Pattern: Jaywalkers Very straightforward pattern with beautiful results. I do understand that the cuffs are tighter, but I still made the smaller size, and they fit my mom just fine. She had to work them over her ankles, but once they were on, they looked great.

mom's socks 2

Yarn: Serenity Sock Yarn, part of the Deborah Norville yarn line. It's nylon, wool, and bamboo, which makes it just a bit lighter than traditional sock yarn, so better for the weather in Florida. I'm assuming my mom's going to wear them inside, or with shorts and her sneakers, but I did like the patterning, and the colors are very muted and pretty. It is also very soft yarn, but it does split.

Needles: US 1 bamboo DPNs

Notes: I didn't change anything about this pattern. I really liked it--it was easy and fast, and just interesting enough to keep you going. I think they look really good on her too. I love you, Mom!

mom's socks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home