Monday, December 10, 2007

sidelined

I was out of the game for about a week last week with a swollen wrist. I think it was sprained, but after icing it, and wearing a brace, the pain has gone away, and I've been able to resume knitting a bit. I'm still not going full-force, but I was able to finish the pieces of the baby baseball tee from Knit 2 Together:

blocking baby baseball tee seaming the baby baseball tee

I really love this sweater. I'll have better pictures when it is finished, but the pattern was so easy (although it is only written for one size (3 mo.)), and the yarn I used turned out to match the gauge of the recommended Rowan Wool Cotton perfectly at a FRACTION of the price. The yarn is called Plymouth Jeannee, and is 51% cotton and 49% acrylic. I used colors 1 and 7 from that link. It is really soft, and machine washable. And the best part---it was THREE DOLLARS A BALL. I got it at Fresh Purls, that awesome LYS I found in Providence, RI. I bought three balls of the main color, and one of the contrast, and I have only used two of the grey balls, although I am almost out of the contrast color. Each ball is 50g. For three dollars! It it a loosely plied yarn, and does tend to split if you don't pay attention, and sloppy knitting means that you can really tell where the mistakes are. Anyway, I've never seen this yarn before, and I haven't since. The one downside was that there aren't really any good, bright colors.

Also up last weekend, my friend Bevin and I attended the Bust Craftacular. It was a madhouse (sorry for the blurry quick picture):
Bust Craftacular 2007

I got this awesome notions bag though, from In Hope:

new notions bag

Once I seam this baby sweater and gift it already, the next thing to finish is my assistant Matthew's scarf. Everything else on that list to the right will be finished before I start any new projects.

Especially since Spanky finally discovered the extent of my stash last night, and ladies and gents, the fall out was embarrassing. There was laughing (her), there was blushing (me), there may have been accusations of insanity and promises to abstain from new purchases. So therefore, I'm really going to get to love my stash in the new year. I think it will stick this time. I'm going to do what the ladies of Stash and Burn call "shopping from your stash", whenever I feel like I need to buy something new. Most of the yarn I bought with the intention of using for a specific project. Perhaps 2008 will be the year those projects actually get born. I'm excited about the prospect. Most of it is really good yarn, and it's a shame to just have it tucked away where no one can appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home