Monday, October 29, 2007

disaster strikes

I think my laptop is dying. It is three years old now, and according to Spanky, is about ready to kick the bucket any day now. I thought it was running fine, but we took it to the local cafe last night, and shortly after I got all set up on battery power, it started FREAKING OUT and shut itself down. We took it home, and after some cleaning and other sorts of routine maintenance, Spanky's given up. And if she can't fix it, I certainly can't. She says it isn't worth trying to pay for a repair, since the computer is so old, so I'm going to have to just suck it up and buy a new one, which is a financial burden I didn't want to have to shoulder at this point. We just shelled out precious, precious funds to buy inflated plane tickets home for xmas, and my sister's wedding is proving to be a money suck like all weddings are, and Spanky and I are planning our big escape to the land Down Under next spring, which is going to take a huge chunk. Plus the vet bills and, oi. Thank GOD I don't have kids. The pets are expensive enough keeping up with their constant shots and other ailments.

Anyway, so I'm posting this rambling mess from work (my assistant is out sick, so he's not constantly running in here for me to do something or sign something or whatever). I just received the Tahki Cotton Classic for the last two baby gifts I have to make for a while, and I have to say, it's not very soft. The colors are awesome, but meh. I was hoping for sooooffftt. Oh well.

Also, I'm so close to finishing so many things. My trellis fronts and back are done, and I'm working on the first sleeve now. The dog blanket needs two more stripes and then I'll be working on the border. All the ends are woven in already. So here's my list to do before the end of the year:

1. finish trellis and mail out.
2. start assistant scarf
3. two baby hats and booties sets
4. sweater for niece
5. shrug for sister's wedding

Luckily, I'm going to Richmond on Wednesday (yes, Halloween...), and I'm going to take that scarf with me. I think Trellis should hopefully be done by then, and the scarf will give me something to really work on. I'm hoping I get the majority of it done before I get back on Saturday. I should be able to knock the hats and booties out in a week, so that gives me most of November and December to work on that horse sweater for my 6 yr old niece and the shrug for my sister's wedding, which I don't even want to think about right now. I guess that's not too bad, if I can stick to it.

1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger PlumStitches said...

I was hoping I could send a link through Ravelry to you for the crocheted scarf, but I didn't see where I could do that! The one I was talking about is from One Skein and it's called Ruffle Cravat. Here's the link to a picture on Ravelry. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ruffle-cravat
See you soon!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home