Friday, August 10, 2007

man, what a week!

Apparently my whole blog organization has proven to be untenable. Well, at least for the moment. We'll see. This might have just been a crazy week. I was out every single night, but by Thursday, I was so burned out, I just stayed home and actually cooked, which was a relief. But I didn't have extra energy for blogging. boo hoo.

The biggest thing that happened this week was of course stitch and pitch. Two work friends and I met up with two of my knitting group friends at Shea Stadium for the game. I've never been to a Mets OR Yankees game, so I didn't know what to expect. Apparently it is just this big, disorganized mess. People come and go as they want, they eat bad, overpriced food, and just goof off and watch the teams play.

Baseball things: I did the 7 inning stretch, some batter broke a bat, I did the wave, I had peanuts.

Knitting things: We got AWESOME gift bags. Much better than I thought they'd be; Lily Chin was there in a crocheted/knitted Mets uniform with CHIN on the back, complete with a baseball hat and glove with baseball. Debbie Stoller was there, as were several other authors that I couldn't recognize by sight. The new Son of Stitch & Bitch book looks really cute for the most part. The accessories look better than the actual sweaters, much like the other S&B books.

We also got Knit.1 and Interweave Knits (summer issues, both of which I have, so if you're reading this and would like me to send these on to you, please leave a comment, and I'll send them on for free). There were like 5 balls of yarn. My friend Constance got a cashmere blend yarn, so it wasn't all the same, and it wasn't all crap. I still haven't totally gone through it all--too much to do. It was such a hot day on Wednesday. God, I was dripping sweat the entire time, and so was everyone else. My feet were so swollen by the end of the game. We actually left in the 8th inning because everyone had worked all day and I had to get all the way back to the JC, so we took off. That was also the day when the entire mass transit system of New York shut down because of that rainstorm. Anyway, some pictures:

1. in case you thought I wasn't watching the game:
Mets v. Braves

2. for this one, click through to make it bigger (you can click all of them, but this one has the skyline) so you can check out that skyline on the top of the Mets sign:
Mets scoreboard

3. the skyline with the stadium so you can see how high up we were. Also, you can see the bridge in the distance. I can't tell for sure, but I think that must be the Queensborough bridge?
skyline with stadium

4. Mr. Met:
Mr. Met

5. Gorgeous, despite the heat:
Sue and Marsha

I took the second Lombard Street Sock with me. So far, I'm just past the cuff, because I haven't had any chance to work on it at all since Wednesday.

Hopefully this weekend, Spanky will get to sleep in, and I'll be able to make some progress on her sweater (soo close to finishing the back! why can't I just finish it!?!), and the second sock. I closed the toe on the first one, and totally screwed up the kitchener, but I don't care. I tried it on with my clogs and it looks so good, I can't wait to finish the second one. Of course, the weather also has to cooperate by getting cooler. Seriously, it is almost painful to wear socks and shoes right now.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger PlumStitches said...

check out those two gorgeous babes! guess I should have gone - the gift bag does sound awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home