Friday, May 18, 2007

update

The high points of the last few weeks:

1. I got a new haircut, like I said... I like it some days more than others, but it is definitely better than the mop I had before.

new haircut

2. I gave Catherine her baby blanket. I think she liked it.

Catherine receives the baby blanket

Surprisingly, it matched the Moses basket that the rest of the office got for her. I was pretty impressed with my psychic ability to match the colors... heh.

3. I also finally gifted my Boss's version of the blanket (you remember, the small one with the matching hat). Along with this:

Dolly.

Dolly! All vintage acrylic from the stash, baby! YEAH. I have to use it for something, you know? Anyway, I got a really nice email from my boss, who just got the gift today in the UK, and she said that Maddie, the little girl who received Dolly, told her that the doll was a gingerbread man! I think that is PERFECT.

4. Also, I may

ball band dishcloths

have had a small accident

Mason-Dixon Washcloth

with the dishcloth cotton:

baby bib o'love

I don't even know what I'm going to do with the bib yet. It was just compulsive! I had the Mason-Dixon book open, and suddenly I couldn't help myself. I have a whole quart-sized ziplock full of the stuff, and once I open it, all hell breaks loose. I only wanted to do one of the ball-bands for my friend Donna's birthday, and bam! Before you know it, I had two of them, plus a M-D washcloth, and the freaking bib, and I'm with my mom in a Lake County Wal-Mart scouring the craft shelves for ribbons and other embellishments. I wanted to be able to wrap that star-shaped washcloth around a bar of nice soap, like they have it in the book, but I ended up buying an Origins "Let's Circulate Salt Rub Soap" and it is too big (oh, but it smells REALLY NICE)!! So I decided to keep the ribbon in, but flat. Left to my own devices, I may knit up the rest of that bag before moving on to something else. Now, all I have left on the needles (that is active, anyway!) is my second Fly Fishing Sock. My most recent airplane ride was me finishing up the washcloths and then starting to turn the heel. Unfortunately, I had to put it down for landing in the middle, and I think I've rather messed it up. I don't care for a short row heel. It is too hard. I think I prefer the flap. I also think I prefer knitting from the top down, since that's the hardest bit to get through, and once you've done all of it, the reward comes with the turning of the heel and the gradual descent toward the toe. When you knit a sock toe up, all the fun stuff is done first, and then you're just left with a slog up to the bind off. Oh, that reminds me...

5. I finally joined The Knitting Guild of America, and the Master Knitter's Program! I am SO EXCITED. Although, right now, with my crazy schedule, I haven't done anything but carry the packet around with me for days now. I read through it, and I think it is going to be fun. And Im sure I'll be blogging more about the whole process as I go along.

But right now, I am going to bed! I have a birthday party and possibly a BBQ (if it doesn't rain!!) to go to tomorrow, and I also have to clean my entire apartment, because people are coming over on Sunday to hang out. I'm so not ready for company!

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger PlumStitches said...

Love that sassy new haircut and the blanket looks great!s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home