Tuesday, March 20, 2007

FO roundup

I wanted to start this post yesterday, but no such luck. I have no will-power for anything when I get home from work. I'm SO TIRED. I don't know what would happen if I actually worked AND had kids. You working moms out there, I salute you! You're amazing. Seriously.

Anyway, that doesn't mean I haven't been knitting. In fact, I'm almost (almost) out of previously started WIPs!

Things that are in progress now:

1. Second Sock Memories sock--got two skeins of "Fly Fishing" colorway of Knit Picks Sock Memories (100% Merino) from Lisa at Continue in Kind, who was having a stash sale. I loved the colors so much that I was happy to relieve her of them. Thanks, Lisa!!
knitpicks sock memories in "fly fishing"
I'll cover the finished one below, but I still need to cast on for the second one. I have to say, though, I'm feeling the first twinges of second sock syndrome--the first time for me. That first sock just took SO LONG (i think it was like two weeks--that's a long time for me!) to finish and was SO BORING. I can't wait to have two matching socks FOR ME though.

2. Second dog toy for my dad--left over xmas present. I made one (see below), but he has two dogs, and I have so much crappy yarn that I decided to make two-one for each dog.
squares for dog cube
This one will be a cube--I'm knitting 6 small squares and will stitch them together, stuff, and fill with a squeaker I ordered from here. I got 25 for $6.50! I'll be able to make dog toys for Stella too! YAY.

Really, that's it. I'm sort of in a knitting funk. This yarn diet is really killing me. Last night, Spanky chastised me for how much yarn I have in my stash too, (I think she finally noticed it all...!) so I really can't buy any more. After the sock and the dog toy, I have to finish the baby knitting:

1. I think I'm going to make the dolly from Jess Hutchison's toy booklet, which I was SO LUCKY to get before she stopped printing them, for my boss's two year old, so that I can send her the thing I made for the new baby too (see below).

2. I also need to make one of her Robot toys for a three year old boy, to send along with a baby sweater I need to make for another new baby--this one I really didnt expect, and I don't have one picked out yet. Sigh. I guess I'll figure it out when I get to this.

3. One more baby item--another Blue Sky organic cotton combo like that below for another co-worker who is due in June. Think I can get all this done in the next few weeks?

After that:

1. This for my neice. I may need to buy yarn for this one... I don't know yet.
2. Finishing my starburst sweater from Knitpicks.

That's not ambitious or anything, right?

Anyway, on to the FOs!!!

1. Mittens for Co-worker:
hat/mittens
yarn: Berroco Touche
needles: size US6 dpns
pattern: from Natural Knits
notes: These were really easy, and I still love the yarn. The blue was left over from a baby hat I'd made earlier (and is apparently behind the mitts in the picture), and I added some pale green that I had in the stash left over from the other Natural Knits baby sweaters I made for one of the other endless parade of babies. The blue and green looked really good together. I did the twisted cord between the mitts, but it wasn't too sturdy, so I don't know if it will actually work, or whether my co-worker will end up just taking it off, but the mitts should have been useful for a little bit.

2. baby hat for second co-worker: I don't think I have a picture of this one. I made a umbilical cord hat matching the booties and arm warmers here. Except that instead of doing the big i-cord knot at the top I just left a little nubbin. It was pretty cute.

3. Regia silk socks for Spanky: Oh GOD these are finally done!!!
Regia silk socks
yarn: Regia silk, color 183 (shown here)
needles: US size 1 Susan Bates aluminum--first time I used this size. Yarn. So. Thin. Needles. Sharp!
pattern: Spun Magazine's Basic Ribbed Sock
notes: Did I mention the tiny needles? The colors of the yarn are very muted and I found them rather boring, but Spanky likes them, even though she thinks the black is green (it is the silk--black silk always looks a little green). They ended up fraternally striped, and the color repeats weren't long enough for regular striping anyway. They are sort of half-striped, half zebra-looking. They fit her well, and she assures me they're very comfy.

4. Knitpicks toe-up sock:
sock memories sock
yarn: Knitpicks Sock Memories 100% merino yarn in "Fly Fishing"
needles: size US1 KA bamboo needles (bought these for the plane to UK)
pattern: Wendy Knits' toe-up pattern, with a cast on from this article.

I'll have to do the rest tomorrow. Our landlord just came downstairs (at 11pm, mind you) to let me know they called an appliance repair person to come tomorrow between 11 and 2pm. Of course, we have no notice, the house is a mess, and we have the dog and cats, who are going to be all out of sorts. So now I have to go clean up the house and figure out a dog/cat containment strategy for tomorrow. Gotta love renting.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that Fly Fishing colorway, too. And I like the way the colors spiral in your sock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home