Sunday, February 04, 2007

Spring Interweave Knits 2007

I can't WAIT until the new IK is delivered!! I've been really craving a new knitting magazine. There are a lot of projects that I really like. I don't know if I'll ever get around to knitting them, but they are really great for inspiration. I love flipping through old issues, and I'm sure that this one will be no different.

Projects I like a LOT:

1. Dollar and a Half Cardigan, Veronik Avery--this one is better in the bonus photos--there is a lot more to it. It would probably look better in a lighter color so it doesn't look so 80s.

2. Swan Lake Cardigan, Joan Mcgowan-Michael--I'm not sure what the 'cardigan' part of this looks like, but it is so pretty! I love it just as it is. I also think it would be a good chance to use that ruffly tape-stuff. Cute!

3. Slanted Neck Pullover, Kate Gilbert--I have read a few things online about people not liking the slanting neck, but I really love it. I could wear this to work, and it would fit the sort of skewed, artsy aethetic of my office.

4. Tea Rose Halter Top, Wenlan Chia--honestly, I don't know quite WHY I like this one, and I'm not sure I'd ever actually WEAR it, but it's so pretty, and I know I'd love knitting it. Probably not in that color though.

5. Clementine Shawlette, Michele Rose Orne--I love, love, love this one, in the same Blue Sky Alpaca Silk. This will be very good for the office in the summer when they have the air conditioning down real low.

6. Cable Down Raglan, Stephanie Japel--Stephanie Japel is such a talented designer. I have loved watching her designs evolve, and I really, really love this one. I would love to try it at some point. Once I'm buying yarn again.

Things I like with reservations:

1. Ribs and Lace Tank, Jodi Green--This looks great from behind, but from the front, you can see how heavy it really is. I'm not sure how it would look on a real person as opposed to styled on a model. It is definitely cute. I'm just not sure how practical it is.

2. Green Tea Raglan, Cathy Payson--This is sort of the reverse of the Dollar and a Half Cardigan. It looks great in the main photo,but in the bonus photos, you can see the texture of the piece, and I don't think I like that as much.

3. Cocktail Capelet, Rosy Tucker--This is very cute, but what exactly is it for? Where does one wear something like this?

4. Merry Maiden's Dress, Gryphon Perkins--Cute, cute, cute! I know my neice would love this, but it might be too hot for Florida. It would be a good exercise in finding appropriate yarn sustitutions to find something appropriate for the hot climate down there, but I doubt I'll get around to this. Ever.

In the HELL NO column, there is:

1. Bonsai Tunic, Nora Gaughan--I just don't like this. I don't like the neckline, or the drawstring, or the pattern. I don't know... bleh.

2. Indigo Ripples Skirt, Kat Coyle--I sort of liked this in the main picture, but in the bonus photo you can see how high that lace part goes up and hello, thighs! So, no freaking way.

3. Eyelet Rib Bandeau, Katy Ryan--I'm sorry but without that t-shirt under it, there is no way this thing is staying up. WTF? This is a very strange garment.

4. Keyhole Top, Kate Gilbert--This just goes to show you that everyone has an off day. If I wore this my back fat would be on open display. Um, NO.

5. Angela's Apron, Carrie Bostick Hoge--I guess there's nothing else to say about this one.

6. Petunia Tote, Katie Himmelberg--I like the idea of this bag, but I don't like the shapeless sack construction of it. I would never use this.


Everything else, the pillow, the socks, the man's sweater, etc. are fine, and good to have on file for maybe projects later. I would probably not make them (except maybe that lace shrug in the staff projects--that looks kind of cute, actually), but they're nice to look at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home