Saturday, February 03, 2007

I'm not perfect!

I thought my first entry for Natalie's "I'm not perfect" photo meme (in which contributors share all the ways they aren't perfect) would be out on time. I even took the pictures before I left for work on Thursday because I thought I would have time to update at work, but I was slammed with the end-of-week stuff we had to do. Then I thought I would do it that night, but a group of people went out for drinks after work, and I was exhausted by the time I got home, even though it wasn't very late. Then Friday, we had 'cleaning day' at work, which happens once a year or so. We have to stop our regular work and concentrate on purging files and cleaning our areas of excessive paper. I thought I could slip back to my office and do the entry, but NO DICE. Our office manager was on patrol, and anyone not cleaning was chastised. During the course of the day I got a huge migraine, so again, by the time i got home, I was thoroughly exhausted. So! That brings us to today!

It is beautiful out today--chilly, but sunny. I've taken the dog for her walk, put some clothes in the wash, and am sitting here trying to get this done before something else distracts me.

I thought I would start off this whole thing by showing you my messy knitting corner. Now, I've seen knitting or crafting rooms on other blogs that put this little mess to shame, but my corner is in the living room, not in a separate space. There are a lot of small tools involved in knitting! That's really my downfall. I get stuff out to swatch with or I use them on a project and they never actually make it back to the storage room. They just remain in my knitting basket.

knitting corner

Anyway, it always looks like this. I try and try to clean it up, and inevitably a couple of days later, it is this messy again. The blanket on the couch is for the evenings when it is cold, but it never gets put away. The basket on the side table is full of needles, stitch markers, needle packaging, various cords, etc. The towels on the other table are left over from washing sweaters last weekend. I didn't put the towels back because I need them again this week when I finish washing the rest of my sweaters. If you click through to the flickr description, there's a lot fuller list of all the crap there, in case you are really curious.

When we first got together, I think Spanky really minded the mess, but now she's kind of grown used to it. I'm not a dirty person, just messy. I think it is because I'm easily distracted in the middle of things, yet don't like to abandon tasks without finishing them, which just means that they hang around in various unfinished forms forever. I can't be alone in this, right?

Finally, I'll just leave you with a picture of Stella in the snow. All of that snow is gone now but she really loved it. It makes her want to run around like crazy. She's wearing her new winter coat. To my eternal shame, I have not yet had a chance to knit her a sweater.

stella in the snow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home