Wednesday, September 30, 2009

the one that got away

So I've been to England and back again, but I'll talk about that next time. This time I want to just register something that was finished and gifted before I left. In my last entry, I mistakenly had two #31s, so now, I present FO #33:

baby legwarmers

Sadly, I can't find the hat pattern I used for this project. I think I found it by searching a very specific chain of search terms on Ravelry, and I just tried a quick search and can't find it. I can, however, reassure you that if you search by just 'baby hat', you will find NO END of adorable patterns for whatever diameter yarn remnants you happen to have around. Me? I had two half skeins of Louet Gems left over from some socks. And a plethora of babies at work, as we all know, so I decided to make one of them a hat. Except that I still had a whole half skein left after that hat was finished (I guess it was the lace--makes the yarn last longer), so I decided to make some baby leg warmers to match, since I heard these were great--that mom's really liked and used them, and this way I could test them out as a baby gift.

baby legwarmers 2

I think they're pretty cool. You can roll the ribbing down (or up), and they'll last longer. The pattern for these is here on Ravelry, and here on the designer's blog.

The girl I gave them to just learned to knit, but she's a natural, and I think she appreciated the gesture. The one thing I was worried about was that the hat was lacy, and she's having a boy, but it's not super-girly, and it is blue, so hopefully she (or her husband) won't care too much in the end.

These were done before my UK trip; I just never got around to blogging about them. Also, I did use leftovers of the same yarn to wrap the presents, and I really think that turned out to be a nice touch.

Next up, swinging London!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home