Thursday, September 11, 2008

No really, I have an excuse.

Several, actually. Every time I think my life will fall into some sort of routine, fate surprises me. This time, it was in the form of last minute tickets to Hair at the Delacourt Theater in Central Park (click through to the story on the play... They have a great photo gallery. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the play, since they wouldn't allow photos, probably because of the nudity. And yes, Virginia, there were naked bits everywhere! My kind of play!). Amy was able to get them through the virtual line, I think because it was rainy on Tuesday.

the public theater

Note the pink sky. One doesn't turn down free theater tickets. Anyway, that's where I was Tuesday night, so no post. I was knackered when we finally got home. It was amazing, too. I don't really care for musicals (OR HIPPIES, FOR THAT MATTER), but I LOVED this one. I think it was the combination of being outside on a summer evening in New York, the fact that those actors were singing their little hearts out, perfectly, and the story being so relevant to today, yet so redolent of the 1960s as well. I kind of want to get the soundtrack now. I'm a little embarrassed about that though.

Anyway, then Wednesday, I went to the birthday party of a friend of Spanky's. It was out in Brooklyn, and although I bitched and bitched about having to go, and would have canceled if given half a chance (I hate going to Brooklyn, especially when I have to work the next day), I actually didn't have a terrible time. Also, I got to knit on the train on my new project. (that's a Ravelry link, and it's to someone's actual project.)

So that brings us to today. The first day I've had at home since Monday, which is a little more activity than I really like in a week, especially since I'm going through an extremely hard time right now at work. My marketing manager quit, and I'm worried about my books and what's going to happen to them. I am also about to start traveling again (New Orleans and SLC again), but rather than spreading it out over the fall, they've put both conferences in October, so I'll be on the road half the month! Bleh.

So to reward myself for pushing through a really hard week (almost done!), I met Sue down at M&J, and she helped me pick out better buttons for my sweater.

better buttons better buttons

Better, right? But I still need some thread! What color do you think? Black? Gray? White? Red? I hate all these choices. I'm going to get some thread this weekend, so we'll see. I'm so ready to have it finished. I want to see it the way it's meant to be worn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home