Monday, September 08, 2008

no pictures this time

Right on, that's day one accomplished. Went to the gym this morning, my friends, and ran three miles. I'm trying to expand my distance running just a bit. I've been following this plan. The Runner's Handbook is a great way of working yourself up to running after not running at all. And now I can run for about 30 minutes straight. But I want to run for longer distances, so I'm working up to that. I'm at what they call the 'intermediate beginner stage', so my goal is to be able to do 11 miles per week. Three down, eight more to go!

Also for update:

I've finished The Road, and am on my way to the next book on that EW new classics list. I think I'm going to skip the Harry Potter book at #2 for now. I want to buy the whole set in PB, and they are still only selling them as a set with books 1-6. I guess I have to wait for #7 to be out in PB first. Plus, I've read that one. Moving on, the next book is Beloved by Toni Morrison. I'm intrigued, because it is Toni Morrison for pete's sake! I have read The Bluest Eye, but nothing else, and I think it is about time. Don't you? Unfortunately, the downtown JC library doesn't have a copy! I know, I can't believe it either. I'm going to have to get them to order it from another branch. So that's what's holding me up from pursuing new literacy. In the meantime, I'm reading The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney, and am really enjoying it. It's a mystery taking place in the Canada of 1867, plus, I think one of the characters is totally gay, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

on the button issue:

It's a moot point right now, as I discovered tonight, as I don't have any thread! Damn! But anyway, thanks to everyone who responded. I think I like the dark buttons better. I don't really want to get more fabulous buttons for the sweater, since it is so busy already. I'm also worried about buttons that are too heavy, so I like the ones I have. I meticulously combed through all my grandma's buttons last night to find two options with enough for the whole sweater, and I realize I'm going to have to go out and get some again if I have to do another sweater, but for this one, I think one of these options will work. It was hard to tell in the picture, but those dark buttons aren't black; they are this opalescent dark grey. Anyway, it doesn't matter until I get some thread to sew them on. Most likely I'll have an FO post this weekend. Tomorrow, I have to go have drinks for my newly appointed SENIOR editorial assistant before meeting the knitters at Starbucks. I'm only swatching for my next project anyway, so it won't matter if I've had a couple of drinks. Har Har.

2 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger PlumStitches said...

check it out! I was looking for shoes in this catalog and stumbled on this. Your niece is on the cutting edge of fashion ;-)

http://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?itemID=12713&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C4322%2C8801%2C9147&iProductID=12713

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap - that is totally the same design. But without the special homemade touches, of course - and I mean that in a GOOD way! Yours is seriously prettier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home