Sunday, March 13, 2011

where the hell have I been?

I'll tell you--I'm in the middle of hell month right now. I just got back from a week in England (for work, my friends, for work--totally different experience...), and after a week in the office in which I frantically cleaned and organized in preparation for our move to new office space April 1, I get to leave for a two-week campus tour of Texas on Tuesday.

I'm hating life right now--it wouldn't be so bad in and of itself, but I'm just exhausted from trying to get everything done. Plus I'm nervous about my ability to go for two weeks on the road without fucking everything up back in the office. Oh whatever. I should just let it all go, and what will be will be. I've done everything I can with as much enthusiasm as I can muster.

In terms of knitting, I'm down to one project. I took the one skein of Malabrigo sock I had saved to make a citron with me to the UK, and just finished that heinous little scarf today. Finishing that shawl means I have nothing in progress. I'm about to start my March socks, which I probably won't finish until April, but that's ok... I'm just going to go straight from them to the April Socks. But after that, I think I'm going to start a sweater. The sweater will be a long-term project. I'm not going to rush that. It will be my reward for finishing my monthly sock project. This month, I did my reward first, for finishing all those single-socks in Feb. I owe a complete rendering of all my FOs, which I will try to do tomorrow while watching the Bachelor. It's finally the FINALE! But first I have to get Spanky to model her hat. She's been wearing it, so I consider it a victory. It's probably a bit longer than she would have liked, but just a tad, and that means she can turn up the ribbing if she wants. It's also cute that way. And it only took one skein of the black cashmere, so I have one left to make gloves when I get a chance. It's almost too late for them this year, but I do want to use it up... Anyway, this is just a short catch up post, to show that I'm not dead. I promise something more interesting tomorrow. And hopefully I can keep blogging through the Texas trip. Lord knows I'm going to need to stay sane somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home